Length of Course: Approximately 16 hours (not including additional study and practice after the course that is self-paced). The student will complete 8-10 hours of online training prior to attending the virtual class via ZOOM. We strongly suggest that the student completes all of the pre-work and study one week prior to the scheduled virtual class. The virtual class begins at 9:30 AM and ends at 4:00 PM.
Learning Format: Blended learning experience including online, virtual, instructor-led instruction via Zoom.
Length of Access: Students receive access to the online program that coincides with their blended learning program. They have 12 months of access to the program in order to continue to study and refer to the lessons they wish to revisit more deeply.
Recommended Additional Support: LABA Lash Coaching services
Certificate of Completion: LABA Classic Eyelash Extensions Course
Pre-requisites: Must be 18 years of age or older. Students in the United States must have a valid cosmetology or esthetics license. Other health care providers may qualify for this program. Please check with your state and local agencies regarding credentials and requirements to conduct lash or brow services.
Learning Pathway: Upon significant practice, study, and mastery of the LABA Classic Eyelash Extension Course, we recommend that the student enrolls in the LABA Volume Course as their next learning experience. Students may choose from online, virtual, classroom, or private training. Students should consider hiring a LABA Lash Coach to assist them on their lash journey to success.
How to Register: Pay for your course by adding it to your shopping cart. You will then receive an email from a LABA team member regarding the next steps, including how to set up your credentials and access to this course. You will also confirm the date you will attend the virtual online portion of the classic training
About This Course
In any area of study, a complete understanding of the theory and science behind a craft is critical to future mastery and success. LABA has developed an in-depth blended learning course of study that provides the foundational knowledge necessary to start your career in eyelash extensions. Your first 8 to 10 hours of learning will be spent studying core principles, science, and theory. The second section of the course includes about 6 to 8 hours of modules and focuses on the skills you must master in order to be a professional lash artist and conduct Classic Lash application services. This is interactive and instructor-led.
LABA CLASSIC + FUNDAMENTALS COURSE
Part One: Fundamentals (8 to 10 hours +)
- Classic Evolution of Eyelash Enhancements
- Classic Adhesives
- How to Store Adhesives
- Eyes and Diseases
- Irritation & Allergy
- Eye Flush
- Best Practices for Lash Use & Disposal
- Lash Equipment
- Lash Artist Set-Up
- Lash Extension FAQ
- Client Consultation
- Length, Diameter & Curl
- Eye Shapes & Lash Styling
- Body Care Tips
- Before & After
- Supplies and Procedure
- Pricing & Marketing
Part Two: Classic Lash Training- Virtual, Instructor-led (6 - 8 hours+)
- Tips and Troubleshooting
- Eyelash Set Up
- Lash Retention
- Combat Poor Retention
- Full Procedure Demonstration
- Hands-On Practice Exercises
- Hands-On Practice with Mannequins
* Please note the rules, laws, and licensure requirements vary from state to state and country to country. All students are responsible for complying with all governing agencies in the practice of eyelash and brow services. Most states in the US require an individual to have either a cosmetology license or esthetics license in order to conduct eyelash and most brow services. Health and safety regulations vary from state to state and even county by county. It is the student's responsibility to follow all protocols as established by the health department and other regulatory bodies. By taking this online class, the student assumes all responsibility and liability. There are no refunds available on this course.