LABA Classic Eyelash Extensions-Group
7.5 Hours Instructor-Led Training
Pre-Course & Post-Course Assignments
Master Trainer: Justine Ivaldi
This is where eyelash extension skill development begins! Classic eyelash extensions are applied "one lash extension to one natural lash." During this course, the student will learn the fundamentals of the art & science of eyelash extensions. This includes basic step-by-step protocols for classic application, product knowledge, how to combat poor retention, and how to improve speed. After demonstrating basic skills associated with the classic eyelash extension application, the student should be ready to register for the LABA Volume Course. As part of their training, the student will schedule a 30-minute one-on-one private coaching session with the master trainer within 30 days of the class. This can be via Zoom, telephone, or in person.
Prerequisites: Must be 18 years of age or over. Most states require a valid cosmetology or esthetics license for lash extension services. Check your local governing agencies and licensing requirements. Cosmetology and esthetics students may take the class with proof of enrollment and hours. Check with your insurance carrier regarding specific services you plan to provide and confirm coverage. Your model must be 18 years of age or over.
What to Expect: Once the student is registered, they will receive a PDF version of the LABA Classic Workbook approximately two weeks before the class. This gives the student a "jump-start" by studying the material and completing pre-course assignments before class. The student will receive their Student Practice Kit and printed version of the workbook from the trainer on the day of the class. A special discount code will also be provided to the student by the trainer in the class. This enables students to purchase products and tools needed for their eyelash extension business at a discount from The Lash & Brow Academy. The code is active for 14 days after the class.
The course includes pre-course, classroom, and post-course assignments. On the day of the group class, the student will participate in the following:
- 4-hours of theory and practical exercises
- 2-hour hands-on demonstration and practical application with a live model*
- 1-hour written test and review
- *The student is responsible for coordinating their model and ensuring the model meets the criteria provided by the trainer.
When the LABA Master Trainer and student have aligned on satisfactory skill development, the student will receive their certificate of completion.
Student Preparation: It is best to sign up for your course as soon as possible. You will receive your workbook approximately 14 days before your class date. This gives you time to review the workbook and to take the time to do some of the suggested "muscle memory" exercises in advance.
You will have a short lunch break during class. You should check out restaurants that might be nearby or bring your lunch and snacks. It is essential to stay hydrated throughout the day. Limit your caffeine intake the day of the class (and anytime you are doing an eyelash extension service). Steady hands are important! Excellent vision is also important when doing lash extensions. Be sure to bring vision enhancers, i.e., glasses, loupes, etc.
You must arrange for a demo model to arrive after lunch. They must be available for approximately 2.5 hours for your practical training.
How to Register:
1. Purchase your course one of two ways:
-Directly from The Lash & Brow Academy here on this site, and select the class date and location you wish to attend.
-Directly from the LABA Master Trainer by visiting their website or reaching out via their email or designated contact information.
2. Once you have paid for your course, you will receive a link to the registration form. Complete the form and click "submit."
3. When you have paid for your course and completed your registration form, your trainer will contact you via email and provide further information.
4. Expect to receive your workbook and information packet approximately two weeks before class. If you register late, materials will be sent as soon as possible. Remember, you have pre-course work to complete, so it is essential to try to register early.
5. Arrive 30 minutes early for your class. If your class begins at 9:30 AM, it is essential to arrive by 9:00 AM. Class begins promptly. If you are more than 30 minutes late for the start of the class, you will need to reschedule your training.
6. If you are sick or an emergency prevents you from attending class, contact your trainer immediately. If room is available, you can reschedule within 90 days of the original class date. Please remember that classes occur in different parts of the United States and may not be geographically close to you. Class fees are not refundable. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Steps to Success:
- Schedule your post-course coaching session with your trainer before you leave your class.
- Take your written test in the class and pass!! Your trainer will give you your certificate.
- Get your trainer's discount code for additional supplies purchases.
- Practice, practice, practice.
Student Practice Kit (distributed at the class):
Everything you need to begin your learning journey for the LABA Classic Course is in this kit, including adhesives, lashes, essential tools, and supplies. You will also receive a practice mannequin and lashes.
The kit (over $400.00 value) is provided to students who participate in the LABA Classic Course (group or private) and is included in the course cost. From time to time, changes are made to the kit to align with instructional needs or updates.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER
Director of Education and
Head LABA Master Trainer
LABA BOARD OF ADVISORS
The talented Justine Ivaldi leads LABA's educational program. She is a licensed cosmetologist and runs a successful lash business in Fresno, California. Justine is a LABA Master Trainer and Master Lash Artist, recently becoming a LABA Board of Advisors member.